Re: TR3 Tap and Dye size

To: Pat <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Tap and Dye size
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 23:01:19 -0700
Cc: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pat :

By far the most common size is 1/4-28 UNF (all the bolts that hold the
body together are 1/4-28).  The next 3 most common (roughly equal) are
1/4-20 UNC, 5/16-24 UNF and 3/8-24 UNF.  Those four sizes cover maybe
90% of the threaded fasteners.  After that, there are all kinds of
screwball threads, including other UNC/UNF threads, metric, BSF, BA, NPT
(common pipe threads), BSPS, and a few that I've never found in thread
charts (like the mixture nut threads on SU H6 carbs).

Randall
59 TR3A