Re: TR3 Tap and Dye size

To: Pat <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Tap and Dye size
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 20:37:24 -0400
Cc: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pat,

The fender bolts and nuts are 1/4 " 28 Threads per inch. Most of the bolts and
nuts etc use fine thread 28, 24 threads / inch etc. My suggestion to you is to
buy a set of taps and dies for english (not metric) nuts and bolts. You should
get a thread gauge just to be sure. Sears has a good set. There are some off
sizes such as the carburator but most of the body and engine hardware use std
english fine and coarse thread sizes and english diameters.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V