[no subject]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: MD.FEED@nwh.org
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:27:10 -0400

Subject: TR-7 Front Suspension-Strut Unit in Stub Axle

   This question can only be answered by the highest of all TR-7 experts, but I
thought I
would ask the list in hopes the answer is known. The Bentley Manual states the
closure nut
is 1.781 inches with a 24 UNF thread. My stub axle's threads are cross
threaded, probably
butchered at the factory assembly line. The million dollar question is -where
in the world
can a amateur mechanic like me find an odd size tap for this axle? Someone must
know.

                                              Dennis 76 TR-7
                                              Massachusettes USA