TR engine replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR engine replacement
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:00:52 +0100
I have just returned home with my fully restored bodyshell. Having
been in the capable hands of the boys at TR Bitz for the past year.
To say I am happy with the end result would be an understatement. The
black paint is mirror like and the panel fit and line a work of art.
This is of course just a shell on my already restored chassis and
bare of any fittings whatsoever. When replacing my rebuilt engine and
box will I remove the complete shell which is loosely bolted in place
and indeed still requires the spacers and pads to be fitted, or
should I remove just the front nose section and cover my pristine
engine bay with blankets and try slide the combined engine and box in
that way. If I go for the latter, will it be possible to lift the
body side at a time, enough to get my pads and spacers in position. I
should say that all panels were painted off the car and the finishing
bead has still to be fitted.
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)