Re: TR3 Intake Manifolds

Subject: Re: TR3 Intake Manifolds
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:00:23 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dennis :

The Moss catalog is wrong !  The cylinder head used on TS9350E to
TS13052E was the 'Le Mans' head, which was still a low port head.
(According to Piggott, the later high port head was gradually phased in
between TS 12606E and TS13052E.)  There is no illustration of the
manifold for the Le Mans head, but it looks similar to the TR2 manifold,
except for the 4 stud carb mounting.  Despite the Moss catalog, the Le
Mans head takes the early gaskets (P/N 695-020) instead of the later
ones (695-010).  I've got one somewhere I could bring to a meeting, if
you want. (The manifold that is,  the head's too heavy <g>)

The 'E' indicates those are engine numbers, instead of commission
numbers.  Engine numbers run slightly higher than commission numbers
(since not all of the engines went into TRs).  The engine number is
stamped into the raised area behind the coil mount.

Randall
TR3A TS39781LO now with TS12406E