A-type OD and Jaguars

To: John Howard <trjhhow7@home.com>
Subject: A-type OD and Jaguars
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 20:58:11 -0400
Cc: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by John Howard
>A question from a friend, who drives a '52 Jaguar XKE 150 (I think
that's what he said.) He's getting the runaround from a Jag dealer about
a new solonoid for his OD, and I said his OD might be the same as mine
in my TR4, and if so, he can easily order the solonoid from Moss et al.
What say you? The Healeys used them; did the Jag's?

Thanks in advance,   John
<

A friend of mine had a 62 MK II saloon which also had an A-type overdrive -
just like the Healeys and TR's.  Whether the 52 150 did or not I will not
speculate but suggest you take your Haynes over there and do a visual
inspection.  I suspect that they are the same.

Dave