RE: TR6 intermittent miss

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 intermittent miss
From: "Rob C Swift" <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:16:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello Ian,

        I am eager to hear about this thread as my '6 shares similar simptoms.
believe in my case that there is a good posiblility that the bushing wear in
my distributor shaft causes my rotor button to actually glance across some
of the contacts, causing rough idle.  I don't know if this explains why it
seems to be much worse at warm engine temperatures over cold, but I do know
that pulling off the vaccum advance hose (from the side of the distributor)
gives me significant relief to the problem.  You may want to try this as
temporary relief, unless another lister can tell us of a major downside to
doing this!

Good luck

Rob Swift
'75 TR6