validadtion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: validadtion
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:35:15 PDT
The Greenman has been having an interesting symptom of late. The car will
start normally. But after a few moments it will die and after it dies it
will be very hard to start. When it fires up again it will fire on a couple
of cylinders for a bit with the others coming it a bit later. Eventually
will run normally. Once it's hot I will have no symptoms at all on start up.
It's not a fuel-feed problem as it has a
Facet electronic fuel pump which is new. The problem predates it.

I'm going to change my plug wires this weekend (I use solid copper plug
lines, BTW). However I'm beginning to suspect I may have a coil failing.
The coil is over 10 years old. It's a Lucas sport coil.

I wanted to check the general wisdom of the group to see if anyone has
encountered something similar.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)