RE: clutch

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: clutch
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:06:19 -0700
Fred :

Sounds to me as though the return spring on the clutch slave is not
immediately returning the piston home for some reason.  As you drive, the
piston slowly slides home, leaving insufficient travel for the next clutch
release.  (This also means the piston was not pushed home when you adjusted
the slave linkage last time.)  Possible causes include : weak return
spring, sticking slave piston, mis-adjusted master cylinder.

A broken spring inside the clutch MC _might_ cause this, but usually that
means you have to always pump the clutch, not just after driving 15 mins.

Randall