Re: TR6 Engine Rebuild ~ your opinions

To: BennettDat@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Rebuild ~ your opinions
From: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:27:40 GMT
Rebuild an LBC engine because it leaks?  OK, this is a strange new concept,
but I'll bite, and ask the following questions:

How will you tell when the oil needs to be changed, when you can't see the
color of it on the garage floor.

How will you deal with the absence of that heady hot oil smell on long runs
in the summer?

What will your friends and family have to talk about after they quit
complaining about the spots on their driveway.

How will you deal with the incredulous looks and head shaking when you tell
fellow Triumphphiles that your car doesn't leak?

When you fix the engine leak, and the Triumph (pissed off) proceeds to
develope leaks in the master cylinder, the diff, and the tranny, how are you
going to pay for it?

How will you prevent the rust on the chassis, when there is no more oil to
prevent it? (never mind, note item just above)

And lastly, what are you going to do with all your extra time with nothing
do work on, and no floors to clean up?

Get in that mother...and drive!  ;>)

Mike Barron
73 TR6