RE: Converting TR3 to TR4 steering

To: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Converting TR3 to TR4 steering
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:01:21 -0700
Pat :

There was an outline of one way to do this in Bob Schaller's "More BS on
TRs".  TRF gets more of these printed from time to time, you might check
with them.  If all else fails, contact me off-list.

The conversion is very possible, but you lose the canceling function on the
original turn signals.  ISTR Bob Schaller's suggestion was to use a
self-canceling dash-mounted switch, as used in MGAs, etc.  Another approach
is to use the steering wheel and column from a TR4 or later.  I personally
find both of these unacceptable, so I instead rebuilt my stock box and
filled it with synthetic gear lube.  It works fine for me, even with wide,
sticky front tires.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver