TR4-TR4A-TR250 Front Valence

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4-TR4A-TR250 Front Valence
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:12:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I have another question about subtle differences between the TR4 - TR4A - TR250.

My front lower valence (66 TR4A) was mangled many years ago by a tow truck
(typical TR long story). I banged it out and it looked OK but it is not
something you would put new paint on. It either needs to be repaired or
replaced.

I presume that my front lower valence is the original as there was only one PO
for this car and it was only 11 years old when I got it (1977). This valence has
a hole in it about 10 inches wide and 4 inches tall in the center that allows
passage of air to the lower part of the radiator. This hole was manufactured in
the part and not put there by the PO (i.e. it is not a customization). It may
have been replaced by the PO or Triumph Dealer. The pictures I've seen on the
internet and in vintage magazine ads do not show this hole. The catalogs I have
reviewed do not show this hole for this part on the line drawings.

The question:
Where did this hole come from?
Were different front lower valences used between the different models?
What do you have? Is it original or a replacement?
Did Michelotti design a hole for my head to match my front lower valence?

Thanks,
Mark A. Evans
1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO
markaevans@mindspring.com