GT6 gearboxes on going saga

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 gearboxes on going saga
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:30:49 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Does anybody know the acceptable distances of travel between the 1st and 2nd
gears.  There seems to be about .270" of play, now the tranny guy is not
quite sure if this is supposed to be there or if there is a missing
washer/shim.  This gearbox seems to be a hybrid of a MKI/II & a MKIII to add
to the fun.  All of thier shop manuals only handle the MKIII boxes.

I really would like to get my gearbox back sometime this summer. :-(

Regards & thanks

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON