TR-4A: Oil pan, diff drain plug leaks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4A: Oil pan, diff drain plug leaks
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:13:57 -0700
     I replaced the engine oil and differential oil in my '66 solid axle
TR-4A recently.  Both drain plugs are leaking heartily and I can't see any
problem with any of the threads.  I bore down on the oil pan drain nut and
slowed the leak, but am concerned about stripping the threads.
     Has anyone encountered this problem?  A friend suggested using teflon
tape.  Does that sound ok?  Also, I thought maybe one of the brass oil pan
drain plugs with the magnet insert might work better.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.
     Thanks.
John Cowan

     Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan