Re: GT6 coil question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 coil question
From: Steve Reilly <Luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:04:25 -0400
Randall,

A few hours after posting the message, I thought the same thing - Perhaps
the coil came from another car which had been positive ground, and thats
why it had been hooked up that way.  However, I also came across a message
in the archives which the writer states

      "Checked a number of other 6s and sure enough they were backwards."

http://www.listquest.com/lq/view.cgi?ln=triumphs&sp=11&q=coil+backwards&b=1&;
s=1&o=0&ci=c070926209&mid=73712

So if his observations are correct, than this is a common (minor?) mistake
made when hooking up the coils.  I've looked over the coil thoroughly, but
have not seen any other idenifiying marks that would suggest it was meant
for either Positive or Negative ground.

Thanks for the Response,

Steve Reilly
69+70 GT6+'s