Towing a Triumph

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Towing a Triumph
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:00:17 -0400

I towed a non-TR (2wd compact SUV parts car from Decatur (Atlanta) GA to metro
Detroit using a tow dolly with the REAR wheels on the tow dolly, front wheels
locked straight.  THis would be my recommentation on towing any RWD car that I
did not want to crawl under to remove the driveshaft.  Steering wheel need to be
restrained - many tow truck drivers wrap the driver's seat belt around the
steering wheel and the door post to restrain the steering wheel.

I have flat towed (tow bar only) a GT-6 parts car behind an Omni over about a 40
mi. distance without removing the driveshaft and the GT-6 had been a garage
queen for years.  That OD trans has been in my GT-6 ever since.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This message contains information which may be privileged
or confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
NOTIFIED that any dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by calling our office at (905) 669-2888
or by return e-mail at info@decoma.com, Attention:  General Counsel.