Emergency Cable release at VTR

To: ARThurk101@aol.com
Subject: Emergency Cable release at VTR
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:27:18 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Art,
      I did go to the tech session at VTR on the emergency hood
release for a TR6.  Joe Cannon showed the most simple and
ingenious method I've yet seen.  He had a piece of metal made
that gets mounted on the passenger side of the existing hood
release bracket.  It looks something like this:
                                                                      ___
____
                                         Hood release |     |  |        )
                                             latch ------>    |__|  |

(----------------------------------------------------------          |
(    O  <--- hole for wire                                               |
(

(                                       Pivot hole -->(       )

------------__________                                                 )
                                       ------------------___________)

  The larger hole on the right is a mounting hole - a hole is drilled
through the bracket and tapped.  A bolt is then use as a pivot in
this hole.  Put a wire through the smaller hole and drill a small hole
directly below it.  This wire (Joe used a piece of solder) will stick
through just behind the heater hoses in the passenger footwell.
Yank on the wire, the piece of metal pivots and the hood release
latch moves back and releases the hood.

I apologize for the crudeness of my artwork, but hopefully you
get the idea.  I also hope that Joe has 'protected' this idea (al-
thought he seemed more than happy to let us all see how it
works).  I was more than happy to part with a few $$ to get one
of these little brackets all pre-made and ready to install.

Dennis Culligan / Highland,NY / DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM