Radio thread

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radio thread
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 07:57:56 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"

John Macartney wrote:
> Current consumption was about 7 amps

Randall wrote:
Wow !  Was there also a warning not to have the radio on at the same
time as the headlights, heater and wipers ?  Or was this covered under
the admonition to "recharge the battery after a winter run" <g>

Most people did, from what I remember. Dad always put his battery on a trickle
charge each
winter night - even if he hadn't had the radio on. Can't vouch the consumption
really was
7 amps but the needle on a sidescreen TR held a steady outflow about a quarter
into total
discharge and the range on that instrument was +/- 30 amps. At idle in traffic
with radio,
lights and heater blower the recollected discharge was 15 - sometimes a wee bit
more.

Thanks for the info, John.  If you come across a photo of one of those
early units, would you please keep us ignorant colonists in mind ? (and
maybe even get us a copy of the photo <g>)

I'll see what I can get the white faced troglodytes to dig out of the archive
at Gaydon.
Is Jim Altman  willing / able / whatever / to post it on his 'colonial' website
for the
cognoscenti :)? Probably be a photocopy of an original sales leaflet

Cheers
John