SU Carbs...Again!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Carbs...Again!
From: David Willett & Carol Gray <willgray@region.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:13:30 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier enquiry about tuning
SU carbs.As a result of your advice I have concluded that the best
thing to do will be to get back to square one and rebuild the carbs.
I have accordingly obtained a rebuild kit from TRF whilst they are on
sale, and am currently taking a number of deep breaths before I
embark on this endeavor.
  However, looking at the kit supplied,I note that there is a somewhat
anonymous collection of washers included. Looking at the diagrams and
sections of SU carbs in various catalogs and other publications I
think I can identify where some of them are supposed to go, but not
all of them. As I'm not convinced that my carbs as they now stand
have been properly assembled by the PO,just substituting the new
washers for the old may not work. Is there some publication which is
reasonably explicit as to which (and how many) washers go where?

Dave
--
1957 Triumph TR 3A 1957
  # TS24301