Re: SU Carbs...Again!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <willgray@region.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs...Again!
From: "Erkan Hassan" <ehassan@rx.umaryland.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:36:23 -0400
David,

I used the TRF kit last winter.  There are indeed several extra parts
that they send in the kit.  Just follow the instructions in the manual
and you should not have a problem.  The first one takes the longest,
with the second one taking only about 15 minutes. If you need the
picture from the manual let me know and I can fax it to you.  I do not
think my carbs had been rebuilt in a while if at all since the cork
washers had disintegrated into dust.

Soon after I rebuilt mine, I noticed a gas leak from one of the
carbs.  Before taking it completely apart again, I called TRF tech
help.  They said they normally soak the cork washers in water
overnight before putting them in the carb.  I took the carb back apart
to soak the cork and reinstall, only to find that I had placed one of
the copper cupped washers facing the wrong way.  The concave face of
the copper washers are to face the cork washers.  Since I had the
thing apart anyway, I soaked the cork overnight then put it back
together again the next day.  No problems since.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you run into a snag.

Erkan Hassan
62 TR 3B
TCF 536