Re: TR-6 Throw Bearing. Help!

To: JRossi727@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 Throw Bearing. Help!
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 08:44:45 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John,

Ask for a throw out bearing for a 84 landcruiser.  Don't have a part
number.  The TOB was the same for all 83-86?? landcruisers so if the
parts guy's screen shows that you've got the right one.  Use the a new
original sleeve.  Put it in the freezer the night before and the TOB
will go on easier.  DO NOT hammer on it when putting it on the sleeve or
you'll be redoing this job sooner (the little balls in the bearing don't
like being hammered).  If you have to press it on with a vice or
similiar rotate it to distribute the abuse.  And you don't need to
grease the TOB.  I didn't at the advice from someone on the list and
haven't had any problems.

Good Luck
Bud

--