Re: Why no brake light on left?

To: Beth & Ken <bethken@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Why no brake light on left?
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 06:36:16 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm not familiar with the Spitfire electrical system, but on many cars
that don't have separate turn signals and brake lights, the turn signal
switch disconnects the selected side from the brake light switch. On top
of that, the emergency flashers do the same thing. You'll need an
electrical diagram to puzzle that out if that's the case.

Then there's the usual "check the grounds" response. :-)

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -