Re: 3a pushrod tubes

To: <wallaces@superaje.com>, " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3a pushrod tubes
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 00 10:24:41 -0700

>Working on refurbing the head, and the pushrod tubes are just a bit
>rustier than
>I'd like, so I'm wondering:
>
>a) what seals them at the top and bottom?

I think they are just a very tight pressure fit.

>b) anyone ever replace them with something fancy, like chrome or stainless
>steel?

Yes the Factory did for the last of the TR4A heads.  THey used aluminum.
ALuminum expands more when hot making for an even tighter fit to keep oil
from leaking.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.