Re: 3a pushrod tubes

To: TR list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3a pushrod tubes
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:08:13 -0400
Cc: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>, wallaces@superaje.com
I believe the earlier (steel) pushrod tubes were a press fit.  The later
aluminum tubes had to be expanded, much like with an exhaust pipe
fitting.

Otherwise, the aluminum tubes would fall out...

Keith Edwards, who had very leaky aluminum pushrod tubes, once the head
was machined
Suffolk, VA
4.5 TRs