TR2 Anorak Q

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 Anorak Q
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:58:57 +0100
Hello all,
        Having time to study my newly returned bodyshell and several
parts catalogues I have a question regarding the bonnet (hood). My
car has the early internal release system, employing two mechanical
catches that release the spring loaded posts attached to either side
of the bonnet. Although I have all the cable system and catches I do
not have the spring loaded posts, although the brackets are in place
to take them. From studying photos, I was wondering if these are the
same as the bonnet lifting post used on the later external fastener
type bonnet, they look alike??. Also in the same vein is the safety
hook the same, Piggott says it is turned the other way round on my
model but is it the same type. On another matter, I was wondering if
the aluminium trim roll pieces are available in the original material
and secondly, if a car was trimmed in leather, were all the separate
pieces in leather or were some in vinyl regardless. Finally which
roll pieces had padding underneath, thanks in advance.
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)