re: Where to stay in England

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Where to stay in England
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:06:51 -0700
Hi Richard,

I recommend Winchester Hotel, near Victoria Station, very convenient to
the Tube and rail lines all over the country.

Probably 25-50 hotels/B&Bs on the same street, if he's full up. Sorry,
don't have his phone.

Tell Jimmy I sent you (just kidding! although that is the proprietor's
name). 4-5 years ago... actually a 1 bdrm walk-up flat, 75 pounds
sterling ISTR. The plumbing leaked a little, but that's true of nearly
everyplace in London. Very nice, comfortable, but not fancy.

fyi: the Tube is great! Definitely don't try to drive in London.

Have a great trip! (need a guide? will work for airfare)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L