Non LBC - Heads Up For Taurus Owners

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Non LBC - Heads Up For Taurus Owners
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:19:32 EDT
List,

If any of you own a 1993 or 1994 Ford Taurus with a 3.8L V6 and have
experienced either total engine failure or costly engine rebuild due to
faulty head gaskets, your vehicle may qualify for a generous check from Ford
for your trouble.

Call Ford's Customer Focus Hotline @ 1-800-392-3673.  Thanks to investigation
by the NHSTA, Ford has taken responsibilty for faulty head gaskets for these
vehicles for the 3.8L engines that were built only at certain engine plants.

I just learned about this yesterday.  Evidently, the dealer that you
purchased the car from should have alerted you to the possibility of being
compensated....mine didn't.  Unfortunately, my '93 doesn't qualify because
it's engine was built at a plant where, as of now, the defective gaskets were
not thought to be problem.  Hmmm, I had the same problem just like the
thousands (tens of thousands?) of other people did!!??

Oh well, just thought I'd pass this along....the check is for around $3,900
and you get to keep the car....worth a phone call....have your VIN handy.

Good luck,

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (basking in the sun!)