Re: Fw: When were rear reflectors used on Mk3 and GT6+ ?

To: gt6driver@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: When were rear reflectors used on Mk3 and GT6+ ?
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:06:19 EDT
In a message dated 07/25/2000 12:29:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gt6driver@yahoo.com writes:

> My "runner" October '70 GT6+ has reflectors, but my
>  earlier '70 GT6+ parts car had all lights!?
>
>  I think it was sort of randonm until they used up all
>  the oild ones, then found a couple more sets and put
>  into the line... I'll bet Jon MaCartney knows!
>
>  John Donohoe

John, my guess is that your "earlier" car either had a DPO modification due
to crash damage or ????, or else it was not originally built to North
American specification. My own GT6+, 1970 model (KC75121L), is one of the
very earliest, having been built August 1969; it has the "correct" red
reflectors, different taillamp lenses, single backup lamp combined with the
dual license plate lamps in that really cumbersome plinth, etc., etc.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register