Opportunity Lost (was Supercharger Photos)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Opportunity Lost (was Supercharger Photos)
From: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:38:16 -0700
Cc: cowan@erg.sri.com
I'm quite disappointed to hear that Peter Boutcher has stopped producing
supercharger kits for the TR6.  I have been gathering funds for performance
improvements and was seriously considering this kit.  How many others on
the list are in the same situation?

Is there a group/list of supercharger folks who could help us poor souls
know where to start to engineer our own installation?  In my naivete, the
pictures from Kai (http://www.pil.net/~felix/supercharger/)
make the project seem fairly do-able, except perhaps for the "Bypass Valve
Assembly." How many of these parts did Peter Boutcher manufacture (or have
manufactured)?  Is it possible to purchase the same or equivalent
components from other suppliers? Does anyone have engineering drawings
they'd be willing to share? Does anyone with a supercharged TR6 live near
San Jose California?

Trying to hold out some hope,

Cregg Cowan
71 TR6 CC 63192L