License plate restoration

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: License plate restoration
From: J&E <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 00:32:11 -0500
Hi List & Dennis!

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:06:40 -0700
From: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com>

        As I have looked into "vintage lic. plates" in NY, I was informed that
you can not do ANY alterations to the plate inorder to ues them on That
year of car. Also, you must have the "Official" NYS Lic. "tag" in the
correct upper courner. Got on this info. from Albany, NY (State cap.), I
do Not understand how this company can legaly (sp) "restore" any NYS
Lic. becausr of the "tag" issue. Therefore I would be leary of doing
something without checking it out First with you states Capitial DMV.
-Cosmo Kramer