Re: LBC Sighting

To: sweisman@gis.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC Sighting
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:25:06 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/00 2:55:03 PM EST, sweisman@gis.net writes:

>  ...It was pouring rain.  Here I was
>  driving my Subaru Forester, windshield wipers going full speed, when I
spied
>  an old blue chrome-bumper MGB with two kids in it, going the other way.
Why
>  the big grin?  They had no top on the car!   It sure brought back
memories....

Yes it does. Fall 1974, on my way west on the NYS Thruway and down NY 13
towards Ithaca and, ultimately, Watkins Glen for the US Grand Prix. Borrowed
'52 MG-TD (belonged to a lifelong friend of the family and then soon-to-be US
Representative), then-girlfriend next to me, pouring rain, top down....

Of course, if you maintain a reasonable speed, you really don't get all that
wet (except from the wake of passing trucks)!

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register (What? But didn't he
mention an MG-TD?)