New Brake \ Flywheel Thread

To: "derek evans" <derek_evans@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Brake \ Flywheel Thread
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@nceas.ucsb.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:14:25 -0700
Derek, All,

Brakes:

I rebuilt my clutch master cylinder Saturday evening, and at one point, I
thought, well, how much is a new one anyway?

The answer was $129 in my Moss Catalog.

So I looked in my Racer Wholesale catalog and they had brand-new Tilton
master cylinders for $70.  With the reservoir, and misc. bits, it would
come out to about $85.

I was tempted, but then I also wanted to drive my car Sunday, so I just
finished the rebuild.

Tilton is famous for making ultra-lightweight clutches for most every
application in racing, most notably Formula 1.

Their hydraulic plumbing is built to the same dimensions as the old Girling
and Lockheed stuff.

Has anyone tried using any Tilton stuff on their TRs?

  Flywheel:

I saw mention of some aluminum flywheels on this thread.  Is PAECO in
Alabama the only game in town on this one?  Their flywheels are around
$500-$550 bare.

Anyone have a used one they'd care to part with?

-jeffrey
'62 TR4
CT 7486 LO