TR6 Brake screech

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Brake screech
From: "Picard, Pierre" <Pierre@incognito.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:36:32 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello Listers!

Firstly, I decided at the last minute to head down to Portland on Friday
afternoon to see this Triumph show. It was a nice 6 hour drive down. Left
the running TR6 at home. The girlfriend wanted it for the weekend. Never
having been to a show like that, let me tell you, the thrill of walking over
the grass knoll and seeing all the beautiful, gleaming, sparkling TRs with
hood and trunks open. Just stunning!

The real plus was meeting all the owners and part suppliers. It was
marvelous to be able to thank some of the listers in person for all their
help. I know have renewed enthusiasm to continue with the restoration of my
74 TR6.

As for the running TR6, after a few kilometers of city driving, there is
this screech that pops up under braking. The noise is definitely coming from
the front brakes. I've checked the pads up front and plenty of pad left.
Disks are in good shape, smooth, with no gouges or runs. Cleaned up all the
disks and pads with brake cleaner. All is tight, no bolts missing.

I really don't know what else to do now...... I'd rather be noticed for the
sweet exhaust note that screeching brakes!

Thanks in advance.

Pierre Picard
74 TR6 - gathering dust in 3000 pieces
74 TR6 - rusty but fast