The Road From Portland

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, TR8 List <TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: The Road From Portland
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 01:06:57 -0400
Sunday, and time for our tearful farewell's until next year.  It's so nice
to meet listers for the first time.  It's like meeting penpals.  Well it IS
meeting penpals.  And it's nice to see all those whom we see only once a
year at the VTR.  Threre are plans made for the next show (Brad says he's
going to bring his Mayflower - we'll see) and memories to cherish form this
one.  So  a toast to Triumph friends, old and new.

After visiting with Randall and Terry and others in the car park, we went
off to Scott Kohl's house to load up yet another bit of clutter for Brad's
garage.  Scott's house looks ordinary from the street but go back behind
the house and you find room galore for cars and a large workshop and
garage.  Something I could easily grow into.  Great find, Scott!

Then it was back to the hotel to check out and have a quick lunch with
Brad, Susan and Gigi.  Then it was really goodby.

Or so we thought.  As we headed west to the coast we spied a black TR3 on a
trailer behind a dump truck on the shoulder of the road.  We stopped to
find Ray Marti (One of the show organizers) who was towing Don Elliott's
TR3 home to rebuild the overdrive when he ran out of gas.  His son-in-law
was on his way with gas so he had no need of our services so we chatted a
while and left for the coast.  Once at the coast we headed north and took a
few photo-op's and a quick visit to Ft. Clatsup.

Ft. Clatsup is of interest to me as that is the over-winter camp of the
Lewis and Clark expedition and since the point of embarkation is St.
Charles, MO very near where I live I can now say that I have visited both
ends.  And I plan on a few other points along the way.  But that is later
this trip.

Today's goal is to get as close to Vancouver as we can and we head on onto
Washington, the land of speeding tickets.

Tomorrow we reach Vancouver.

Dave Massey
On the road in Everett, Washington.