TR6 Clutch job

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Clutch job
From: "Bryce Milton" <Bryce@Milton.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:22:46 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    Hello list, thanks you for all of your help on my tune-up last week,
it's been absolutely purring.  Unfortunately, a few days ago I started
hearing some whirring noises when the clutch was depressed, and yesterday I
started hearing far more disturbing sounds...
    My shop manual still hasn't arrived and I'm wondering if a fellow who
needs his hand held to do a proper tune-up would be able to handle a clutch
job?  If not, what's a fair price to have someone else do it and what kinds
of concerns should I have when selecting a shop for the work?  Any tips on
the DITY procedure would be appreciated as would any thoughts on a good shop
in the Seattle/Redmond area.  The local VTR chapter has some recommendations
listed here http://www.tyeetriumph.org/spon.html.

-Bryce
Proud new owner of a '76 TR6
http://www.milton.com/bryce_sara/triumph/