Gas Tank cleaning - in Ottawa, Canada

To: "TRIUMPH LIST" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Tank cleaning - in Ottawa, Canada
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:20:31 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello all, sorry for everybody not from my region (which is probably 99% of
the listers!), but there is a question for everybody at the end!

I rebuilt my clutch slave cylinder yesterday and the clutch master is next
(tonight),  after that is done, the car will probably (crossed fingers here)
be roadworthy except for one thing, I need to clean my gas tank.  I think
that the tank was full when the car was put away 10 years ago and it's all
gone except the crud at the bottom of the tank.

Anybody in the Ottawa, Canada area knows of a good place to have it
cleaned/hot tanked.  I was quoted 200$cdn for a complete cleanup and seal at
Miniman but I'm on a thight budget right now and anything cheaper would be
welcomed.  As far as I know, there is no rust, just varnish and crud.

To everybody with BTDT: Anything I can do myself?

Once again, TIA

Steph
'69 Spit - Hers (May hit the road before the weekend!!!)
'71 TR6 - Mine (Still waiting...)