Re: Gas Tank cleaning - in Ottawa, Canada

Subject: Re: Gas Tank cleaning - in Ottawa, Canada
From: Brian Borgstede <>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:51:40 -0600
I picked up a barn car that lost a tank of gas in three years.
I replaced all the rubber bits in the fuel line and put gas in
and drove the car for a year.  The carbs leaked for a few minutes
until the gaskets and seals swole up.  I figure that one of the lines
leaked and the tank is fine.  Any of the crud is now caught by the

>It's something of a risk, but if it was my car, I'd just install a new
>paper element fuel filter, fill the tank with premium, and drive it.
>That is, assuming the tank is sound.  Ten years seems short to me for
>loosing an entire tank of gas.
>Stephane St-Amant wrote:
>> To everybody with BTDT: Anything I can do myself?

Brian Borgstede                 I
Telecommunications Engineer,                 I  '68 Triumph
University of Missouri, St. Louis       I
Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250
Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I       (or 2 or more)
Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I