Re: TR with OVERDRIVE - Do's and Don'ts

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR with OVERDRIVE - Do's and Don'ts
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:34:40 -0700
Justin, I owned and raced an OD equipped TR-3A in 1957-60 and I used
it like a seven speed transmission.  1st was non-synchro, 2nd, then
2nd OD, 3rd, it gets a little busy switching out of OD while shifting
but it can be done. the 3rd OD, 4th another fast switch, and finally
4th OD.

I won many races in the SCCA Mid-South region and used that shift
pattern for most of my driving, never had any problems with either
the Transmission or OD.  All were still working fine when I traded
the TR for a Alfa Romeo Guiletta Sprint Veloce (but that is another
story)  :-)
--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily