Re: Golf... now "hood-putting-up contest"

Subject: Re: Golf... now "hood-putting-up contest"
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:38:39 -0600
Randall Young replied to Eric in re VTR 2001 golf potential:

> I'm not a member (although I do plan to attend), but I have to say : Couldn't
> you find an event that has at least a little more to do with our cars ?  You
> could supply pies and then host an open debate on whether DOT 5 fluif or
>grease
> is more appropriate for dashpots ...

Speaking of more topical convention events, I recall that some shows may have
included hood-putting-up contests for models like my TR4 -- where putting up the
top is not exactly an "at a stoplight" kind of thing. I was recounting this
yesterday as a friend helped me erect the top under some duress on a rare rainy
day
in Colorado.

Anyway, Is this true? I've never been, and while yesterday I might have lost
points
for failing to button every button, should I keep practicing for VTR 2001? <g>
Is
it a team event, so that I should start training my wife too? What's the time to
beat? Like the U.S. Olympic cycling team, I've been training at altitude -- so I
figure to have an edge over you sea-level TR owners. <g> Granted, I'm sure a TR4
owner from Seattle will beat us all....

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO