Re: Wireing TR3 from scratch or not ?

To: mgendron@speakeasy.org
Subject: Re: Wireing TR3 from scratch or not ?
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:37:46 -0400
Cc: toad@storm.ca, tr6@pipeline.com, sanborn@net1plus.com, pleask@mailhost.wlc.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Please be aware that the purpose of fuses is to protect the wiring
harness from overheating (and letting the smoke escape :) in event of
component or insulation failure.  Certain high-power electronic
equipment may use special fuses to protect the semiconductors from
short-circuit currents, but that's not our territory.  Additional
fuses offer no additional protection.

Each fuse should be small enough to clear before the wire it protects
heats to a dangerous level; the wire should be large enough that it
can carry current to all attached components for as long as necessary
without heating.

Donald.