Cost for bodywork

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cost for bodywork
From: bstinocher@unipres.com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 07:59:17 -0500

List,

Question. I have spent this spring/summer in doing bodywork on my TR250. I
didn't think that the car was that bad, but you know how that goes once you
start delving into doing things. ;-)   Anyway, I had a guy come over and look at
my bodywork. I thought I was about 95% done, and wanted someone to finish up and
paint the car. He looked at it and said that there is still a lot to do (ouch,
my ego!), but that he would finish up all the work and paint it for $2,500.
OUCH! I wasn't looking to spend that much. My wife thought it is a fair price.
I'm not sure. What is the going rate to make a car look really straight?

Thanks.