TR4 Dieseling

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Dieseling
From: John Howard <trjhhow7@home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:25:48 -0400
Well....

The new engine now starts with a touch and idles pretty well. On the
road, it seems very strong, but I haven't really tested it yet. The
unknown gearbox with OD I installed also seem OK. So, that's progress.

But, I didn't expect the run-on after shutting off the inition. I can
only shut it off by choking the carbs hard.  Some may remember that I
shaved the head, installed a "D" cam, and the larger pistons, plus
uprated valves and springs. I gather I need to burn hi-test, so added a
few gallons to the regular that was in the tank. That did no good. So
will I have to add the octane additive recently referred to on the List,
buy jet fuel, or what? Anything else I might be doing?

Many thanks,   John Howard