TR-3A winshield installation

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-3A winshield installation
From: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 15:43:46 -0700
Hi all,

I'm attempting the reassembly and installation of the windshield for my
post 60000 (uses the bolts instead of the dzues fasteners on the
stantions) TR-3A.  In what order should I assemble things?

Should I assemble the frame around the glass,  screw the stanchions to
the frame, then bolt the whole assembly onto the car?  Or should I
loosely bolt the stanchions to the car first, then install the
windshield onto them while on the car?

Also, on page 61 of the Moss catalogue, it shows item #57, "corner
finisher".  These were not on my car when I disassembled the
windshield,  nor can I figure how they would attach.  Are these
critical?  Can I do without them?  Apparently the DPO did.

As always, thanks.
Dennis