door switch needed

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: door switch needed
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:27:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
The '71 TR6 driver's door switch that turns on the key light and courtesy
light is longer available according to the big three.  Mine has gone south
and can't be saved.  Does anyone know where they can be obtained or does
someone have a spare from a parts car they would be willing to sell.  The
switch is unusal.  There are two contacts that connect when the door opens
to turn on the key light.  The key light is constantly grounded and when the
door opens these contacts, which are isolated from the switch ground,
connect the positive.  The courtesy light, which is constantly hot, turns on
when the door opens by completing the ground with a wire inserted in the
rear of the switch.  The only reason I know any of this is thanks to Dan
Master's Bible, now if we get a few others to write books on the TR, like
Randall Young and Dave Massey maybe I could figure out my other problems!
Thanks

John, '71 TR6
Berkeley Springs, WV