Re: TR6 Tranny Question

Subject: Re: TR6 Tranny Question
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:20:16 -0700
Tom :

I believe one way that is possible is if the direct drive clutch in the
OD is not staying engaged properly.  In forward gears, the "one way
clutch" will prevent the drive clutch from slipping, but it's not
effective in reverse.

You've probably got a J-type OD, which I know nothing about, but on an
A-type, one cause of this problem can be a partially plugged orifice in
the operating valve stem.  Weak/broken/missing springs would be another
cause.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver