TR6 clunk

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 clunk
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 01:44:00 EDT
Ian
I had a strange clunk that took me till I removed the body from the frame to
find ..previously I had checked links, mufflers, shocks,  differential, etc.
- turned out there was a missing 1/4" aluminum spacer (the kind with an open
slot not just a hole) between the body and frame at the rear connection
point. So on certain bumps in the road I would  get a loud kachunk between
the body and the frame. Was real easy to find as I removed the body shell off
the frame - otherwise kinda hidden from plain view.
good luck finding your noise.
Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74