Convertible Top Cover question

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convertible Top Cover question
From: "Wendy Hart" <hartw@PLASTEKGROUP.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:17:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello Listers,

My 75 TR6's convertible top cover has some extra snaps and flaps along the
outer rear edge. I cannot figure out what they are for. The snaps are all
socket-types and will not work with my tonneau cover (the tonneau cover's
snaps are all socket-types). They are on a rearward facing flap that tucks
inside a pocket that runs along the length of the back edge. The pocket
faces forward; acting like a little parachute as we drive.

Do these serve any purpose, or did the factory have some scrap material they
couldn't bear to simply throw away?

Thanks,
Wendy Hart
1975 TR6