Value-1960 TR3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Value-1960 TR3
From: "Justin Bissing" <jbiss@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 07:19:31 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I've been watching the list for about a year and have learned a tremendous
amount
about TRs! I' have a frequently asked question for listers.  Here goes...
I had chance to see and drive a '60 TR3 today; decent driver. Engine pulled
pretty well
but knocked quite a bit uphill. Paint was pretty good (old); the car will
likely need
to be resprayed (minimum) in a few years, very good interior, wire wheels,
all the bits appear
to be there. Minor rust in the trunk compartment, suspension looks 'ok' but
clearly is in need
of re-bushing (rubber bits cracking). What is a car like this worth? I want
to buy as much car
as I can afford but have noticed a huge price range for TRs (TR3s in
particular). The seller
is asking ~ $6,000 for the car.

Thanks, very much, for your help.