RE: Value-1960 TR3

To: "'Justin Bissing'" <jbiss@netzero.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Value-1960 TR3
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:53:14 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Justin - first - where are you located.  There might be someone on the list
who would be willing to look at the car with you.  An extra set of eyes,
ears, knuckles in the inspection process can be useful.  Along with that,
there might be a club in the area that will "know" the car and driver.  How
well it has been taken care of, etc.   It might look great (or good) right
now - but three months ago it could have been bordering on dereliction...
The owner could have put a few hundred into it, just to get it sold.

The uphill knocking could be anything from poor gas (low octane) or old gas
to major problems.  Did you do a compression test? How was the oil pressure?
Did the coolant look good? Was it flowing?  What was the temperature gauge
reading?

$6k isn't unreasonable for a good driver in need of some tlc but I would
make real sure that the mechanicals are all in order.

Carl
Tampa, Fl