Lift-the-dot-fasteners

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lift-the-dot-fasteners
From: "Butch Lewis" <butchl@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:41:31 -0700
Cc: blambert@socal.rr.com
I followed directions given to me by Art Kelly for my TR4. He recommended that
the dots go away from the center of the car (sideways) toward each of the
doors. In this manner, the dots get lifted beginning at the door and working
sideways to the center (as Carl, Ken and a few others have suggested). Then go
to the other door and lift again working toward the center. I found this MUCH
easier than the way they were previously installed (down). There is little
material to grasp when trying to lift the edge of the fabric or when trying to
pull the fabric to close the fastener. Installing and removing the top is a
breeze this way and I wouldn't orient them any other way.

   Butch
   '64 TR4